From time to time, AvantGen has openings in the following areas:
- Protein and/or antibody engineering
- Protein/antibody expression, purification and characterization
- Assay development
- Therapeutic antibody development
- Diagnostic antibody development
Candidates with broad knowledge and strong skills in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, antibody discovery, or biologic drug development are encouraged to send their resumes to:
Mail: AvantGen, Inc.
10151 Pacific Mesa Blvd. Ste. 103
San Diego, CA 92121
Currently, AvantGen has openings for the following positions:
Manager, Sales and Marketing
We are seeking a highly talented, passionate and goal-driven professional to successfully build and promote AvantGen’s rabbit monoclonal antibody services and products, working closely with executive management by providing sound, innovative, and strategic marketing leadership and effective execution of initiatives to position AvantGen as the leader in the research and diagnostic antibody industry.
- Develop customer-focused messaging that clearly and effectively communicates AvantGen’s rabbit monoclonal antibody services and products and technology portfolio benefits through digital, social, print, e-mail advertising in support of marketing and sales objectives.
- Create and execute customer-focused marketing programs to generate demand for recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody services.
- Deliver e-marketing campaigns and customer relationship programs, including the creation of online content, email campaigns and on-line marketing events, such as webinars.
- Identify immunodiagnostic areas/targets for novel rabbit monoclonal antibody discovery
- Track results of marketing campaigns. Make the appropriate changes for continued improvements to drive customer traffic to the AvantGen’s website.
- Coordinate participation in tradeshow events best suited to AvantGen’s services and products.
- A bachelor or higher degree in molecular biology, biology or related discipline. Working knowledge of molecular biology and immunology is essential.
- Track-record of demonstrating marketing success in the life sciences arena.
- Experience in selling and marketing products and services that are related to antibody and/or immunoassay.
- E-commerce and e-marketing experience, including web site development, SEO and lead generation campaigns.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated, organized, and experienced Research Associate to work with our antibody discovery team.
- Work closely with senior team members in novel antibody discovery
- Perform gene cloning, DNA preparation and related molecular biology experiments.
- Perform ELISA, western blot, flow cytometry, immunoprecipiation and related immunoassays as well as kinetic binding studies.
- The candidate should have a minimum of a B.S. degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or closely related field
- Minimum of 2 years industrial experience in immunoassay development such as ELISA and kinetic assays.
- Experience in standard molecular and protein biochemistry techniques, such as cloning, gel electrophoresis, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, protein expression
Highly organized and motivated.
We are looking for a motivated and highly organized laboratory assistant to support our research team.
- Work closely with research associates to perform dish wash, medium and buffer preparation and autoclaving
- Organize lab supplies
- Perform basic molecular biology experiments, such as DNA mini prep.
- The candidate should have a minimum of a high school diploma. A college student or recent college graduate is desirable
- Highly organized and motivated.
For consideration, please submit your resume/CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responding to your resume
AvantGen will review your experience and background. If we determine that there is a good match between our needs and your qualifications, we will contact you directly to conduct a preliminary phone interview or to set up an interview at AvantGen.